Legal Representation

Image of County Court with client quote

Judicare — serving Baltimore County

The Judicare program can provide you with a free attorney to represent you in a contested custody case in Baltimore County. The attorney will represent you throughout the case. Attorneys who participate in Judicare are paid a significantly reduced fee by the Women’s Law Center.

Participation in Judicare is limited to low income individuals. You will be asked to provide proof of your income and will go through a screening process before your case is placed with an attorney. A limited number of program slots are available. Judicare services are available to men and women.

To request representation in a case in Baltimore County, call 410-321-8761.

Are you an attorney who would like to handle a Judicare case at a reduced fee? Download a volunteer application.

CLAS Project (Collateral Legal Assistance for Survivors)

Started in 2016, CLAS is the newest direct services project for the WLC.  Seeking to expand a holistic approach to legal representation, our CLAS attorney represents existing clients, and new clients who are also victims of domestic violence, in collateral legal issues, including custody, divorce, landlord/tenant matters, and more.  CLAS also represents victims of domestic violence in protective order hearings when conflicts arise for our other offices or in other jurisdictions as the needs arise.  By providing these wrap-around legal services, the WLC prevents re-traumatization of our clients and ensures victims increased stability in their family lives and economic status, thereby decreasing the likelihood that they return to their abusers.   The service is free and available to men and women.

Limited Scope Representation Project

The Limited Scope Representation Project provides legal representation and advice about specific parts of your family law case. For instance, the attorney can consult with you about the components of a separation agreement or help you understand a request for documents you have received from the other party. The attorney will not represent you in court and will not help you with every legal issue in the case. This program can be helpful to you if you are comfortable representing yourself but need assistance and advice with limited issues. The service is free and available to women and men.

Call 410-321-8761 to request assistance.